This book is an amazing resource and reminder on how to make small positive changes in your life.
After just finishing the amazing book by Janice Kaplan, The Graititude Diaries, I have to share some of my favorite quotes from her book. Each night, I literally took a pen and underlined words, phrases and sentences that made the most meaning to my life. The most important thing to me when reading a book like this, is being able to apply what you learned to your own life. And I am absolutely taking action to make this book applicable to my life, because gratitude = healthy lifestyle.
For those of you who have never heard of this book, it's a book about how making small positive changes, or looking on the brightside, can transform your life. She discusses how to apply gratitude to everyday occurrences, such as your marriage, your eating habits, your job, your kids, money, and more. There is also aligning research that supports how giving gratitude has a positive effect on your well-being and overall health. How amazing is that! Needless to say I couldn't wait to read a new chapter of this book each night, and will be sad to put this book aside for awhile. But, by no means will this be my last time reading it. This book has now become a resource or guide for living a positive life, as well as a reminder of just how grateful I am to be alive.
Below are a list of my top 30 favorite quotes from The Gratitude Diaries (in no particular order). I think I will print this list out and hang it in my bedroom, bathroom or even kitchen. I want to be reminded everyday of how I can make my life amazing, not only for me, but for my family and friends.
I hope these quotes help bring gratitude to your life as well :) Enjoy!
1. "Gratitude may have the highest connection to mental health and happiness of any of the personality traits studied."
2. "Researchers have found that people who write down three things they're grateful for every night improve their well-being and lower their risk for depression."
3. "Grateful people reframe whatever happens to them...don't focus on what they're lacking, but make sure they see the good in what they have."
4. Avoid the wrinkles in life by focusing on the joys (on growing older).
5. "Sometimes you need to stop your experiences completely and look at them a new, not keep on repeating them like machines. Let the fresh air into your mind."
6. "There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
7. "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
8. "Taking several short trips in a year is likely to give you more peak experiences-and grateful memories-than one long but unremarkable vacation."
9. "The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are."
10. "...if you trade expectations for appreciation, the world instantly changes."
11. "Being grateful for your current job doesn't make you less ambitious, it makes you happier and probably more productive. you can be grateful for your career-and still soar in the future."
12. "You can't be optimally healthy if you're not happy."
13. "Thinking about the past or future are really the only two ways people can be upset by the world."
14. "I have two arms, two legs, I'm breathing. Life is good."
15. "A natural environment...allows us to relax and reflect without feeling overwhelmed."
16. "Nature lowers stress and improves our ability to focus."
17. "It's the little things that make us grateful."
18. Eat only food that makes you grateful.
19. "It's such a waste of mental energy to be furious that something isn't the way you want it to be. Fighting life is what causes problems. When you can accept life on life's terms, you pave the way for a measure of peace that you miss otherwise."
20. "We often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us."
21. "Gratitude isn't just a nice feeling. Gratitude at its best is an action. It's about something you do rather than just something you feel."
22. "Gratitude is a muscle that we all need to flex."
23. "Appreciating the world around you made you more eager to be part of making it better."
24. "You think gratitude is something you express when everything is going well. But really it's what you feel when everything is going against you."
25. "My mission every day is to stay buoyant and joyous."
26. "Be grateful for the simple gifts of life and love and cooking bacon."
27. "Living gratefully...had given me the simple ability to experience joy for almost any reason."
28. "Our bright-side banter saved us from frustration (when in traffic)."
29. "Instead of being the mastery of misery, we can become experts at gratitude."
30. "Grateful to have enough (on money)."
Always craving good vibes,
Fed & Fit by Cassy Joy Garcia, is an amazing foodie-find! This book has incredible nutrition information, lifestyle and workout tips, as well as over 175 clean paleo recipes! Wowzers!
If my words aren't convincing enough for you, then I know the photo of this tender Rustic Pot Roast is doing the trick :) One of many delicious recipes you will discover in her cookbook.
I am beyond thrilled to cook my way through more of her nutritious recipes. Her cookbook is filled with pages of gorgeous photos, with easy to read directions that anyone can follow. Her healthy recipes are a perfect combination of simplicty and comforting flavor-kinda like when you're snuggled in a cozy blanket on your loveseat, feeling incondescently happy reading or watching your favorite book or netflix show. That's a great feeling to have for sure :)
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to achieve your best, healthiest self, then do yourself a favor and get your hands on this cookbook! Your body and gut will love you for it.
Always craving good food,
Is there anything else more important in your life than pizza? Well, yes I'm sure there are lots of things, but who doesn't want to eat pizza everyday?? I know my husband does! Brooklyn's Bred Ancient Grain Pizza Crust makes it super convienent and HEALTHY for you to eat more pizza at home!
Each Brooklyn Bred pizza crust package gives you two-15 inch long pizza crusts. You can cut the crust to make 3-4 individual pizzas, or use the whole crust to make one giant pizza for you and your family to enjoy. Either way, there is no wrong way to eat this pizza crust. My family and I buy this once a week, so we can customize our own pizzas with delicious toppings, such as chicken sausage, chorizo, fresh mozzerella, kale, and many more!
As far as taste is concerned, the crust stays soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Absolutely delicious! I prefer to eat my pizza crust super crispy, so I bake it a little longer in the oven.
Check out my healthy tips for creating your own healthy pizzas at home!
Find Brooklyn Bred Pizza Crust at your local grocery store. Click here to find the closest location to you!
Always craving good food,