Autumn is my all time favorite season, because all of my 5 senses are incandescently happy during this time :). The weather feels cool and crisp, and oddly shaped pumpkins start appearing on front porches and door steps. And, there is nothing better than the smell of a wood-burning fire as I am walking my dogs around the neighborhood. The taste of autumn is quite fantastic as well. Seasonal foods like pumpkin, butternut squash, figs, pears and apples are all in abundance and ready for the picking-and eating!
Pumpkin so happens to be the star ingredient in my deliciously moist Maple Pumpkin Bread. Pumpkins are not only enjoyable to the eye, but to your gut and body as well. Pumpkins are a great source of Vitamin A and fiber. Keeping your vision sharp and your stomach feeling fuller longer. Pumpkin is also a great post-workout food to ingest, filled with more potassium than a banana! Check out this Huffington Post article for more healthy Pumpkin Benefits!
Maple Pumpkin Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk together.
3. Next, add all dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Whisk these together until most of the flour clumps have dissipated.
4. Grease a loaf baking pan with coconut oil and pour in your beautiful orange bread batter.
5. Top with mini chocolate chips or walnuts for added sweetness or crunch!
6. Bake bread for 35-40 minutes. I always do a toothpick check as well (insert toothpick into bread and if it comes out clean you are good to go).
7. Let bread cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving to family and friends!
P.S. This healthy bread is very addicting and may not last long :)
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!