Being a teacher, I am consistently tempted with junk foods, like sweets, chips, and other unhealthy processed foods. Between holiday parties, celebrations with my students, potluck breakfasts and catered lunches, and don't forget that dreaded teacher's lounge 😁, haha. Well I shouldn't use the word "tempted", as I am NO longer tempted to eat any of those foods anymore. Woo hoo! But, in the beginning of my healthy lifestyle transition it was a challenge I faced Monday thru Friday.
Here are some helpful tips to assist you in successfully transitioning to that healthy lifestyle you truly want to live.
1. Be prepared! 🍃 Meal prepping is key to helping you avoid junk foods. Being prepared keeps you on track with eating foods that are healthy and to help you feeling full and satisfied😊. So, make sure you pack the correct amount of clean meals in your cooler everyday. 👍 And don't forget that emergency clean snack just in case! Check out my RECIPES for balanced meals, snacks and sides too!
2. Don't feel bad saying "No" 😊. Inform others of your lifestyle change, so you don't feel bad rejecting others' goodies. Your friends will support your decision if they truly are your friend. I even informed my students about my clean eating. Now if they bring me a treat it usually is a piece of delicious fruit. Teach others about living healthy as you are experiencing your own healthy lifestyle. Your positive lifestyle may rub off on others around you! And that's a great thing.
3. Think of how your body will feel after you eat that junk or processed food. 😝 I use this tip a lot before I choose what to eat. My body feels horrible after eating a bag of Cheetos or having a store bought cupcake. Your body adjusts to healthy foods, so please don't punish it by putting those processed foods in your body. It's not worth the pain to me. If you have a cheat treat, choose foods that are unique and one of a kind. Make sure your cheat treats are truly worth it to you, and your'e not just bored!
I hope these 3 simple tips assist you on living a healthy lifestyle. Hopefully your temptations now will slowly fade away as you progress on your healthy journey. It can happen! Trust me 🍃👍.
Chicken Chorizo Burger Recipe
Who doesn't love to eat a juicy and delicious burger? Well you can totally live a healthy lifestyle and eat burgers too. I think sometimes burgers get a bad and unhealthy reputation. But, they are actually a great source of protein and taste amazing with some clean condiments and clean side dishes.
Here are few healthy tips to think about when eating your next burger!
1. Make your own burgers at home.
2. Use whole grain rolls, breads or even lettuce wraps to eat with your burger.
3. Add grated onion when cooking your burger. It adds great flavor and juice.
4. Pair your burger with fresh vegetables like roasted butternut squash, or baked Parmesan green beans instead of fries.
5. Use clean condiments on your burger such as homemade guacamole, whole grain Dijon mustard, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, hummus or even pineapple!
6. Season your burger to give it some added flare with unsalted seasonings such as, garlic powder, onion powder, or even Italian seasoning.
7. Make your burgers slightly smaller (sliders), so you can still have enough room for your vegetables.
8. Take your time and eat your burger slowly. This way you can appreciate the ingredients and not get that over- stuffed feeling of eating way too much food.
10. Use good proteins such as lean beef, ground turkey or even ground chicken.
So instead of skipping the burger, just take the time to make sure your burger will make your taste buds feel good, as well as your body. We only have one body, so take good care of it!
looking for something specific? search here!