Traveling is necessary in life; but visiting new places can make it difficult to maintain your healthy habits when you are not following your normal routine. Here are my top 5 Tips to help make traveling fun and healthy!
5 TIPS FOR HEALTHY TRAVELING
1. Pack or purchase healthy snacks!
Before I left for Key West I brought my own healthy snacks, such as Arbonne protein powder bags, homemade trail mix or bags of nuts, Arbonne's Greens Balance (for a serving of veggies in my shakes), and fruit, such has apples or bananas! I also packed my shaker cup to make filling nutritious shakes on-the-go if I happened to need a quick meal (I actually made a quick protein shake on the beach-haha). You can absolutely bring these snacks on the plane too!
2. Research restaurants you want to try before traveling.
Look up places that have great reviews (TripAdvisor) and amazing food options before you dine out. Doing this will help you preview the menu to make sure they have healthy choices, and of course to make sure that you enjoy delicious local cuisine. I was able to enjoy delicious fish and shrimp in Key West that was local to the area, yum.
3. Take a backpack or an easy to carry bag.
Having a backpack or an easy to carry bag will make your traveling life so much easier and healthier! Always have your water bottle and snacks with you when you are exploring a new place. Staying hydrated is so important, and eating every 2-3 hours will be super easy when your snacks are with you at all times. You can even keep sunblock with you to protect your skin (your largest organ, so take care of it) from harmful rays.
4. Stay active!
Plan fun and adventurous activities while you are traveling, such as snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, bike tours, walking tours, etc. Not only will these type of activities help you learn more about the place you are visiting, but it will help keep your body active and healthy while your exploring new places too! It's a win-win situation :).
5. Try new things.
Traveling allows you to be immersed in a new atmosphere and culture; so enjoy activities, cuisine, and experiences that are native to that area. Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. You only live once, so make the best out of everyday you are visiting a new place.
I hope these 5 tips will help guide you to having a fun and healthy traveling adventure!
Put down the phone. You no longer need to order take-out to eat delicious tasting Asian-inspired cuisine. The best part about this Asian-inspired recipe is that it is Clean and Simple to put together!
Take a look at one of my favorite Asian-inspired recipes to try the next time your taste buds are craving Asian flavors, or if you just want an excuse to use chopsticks! The texture of these black bean noodles is like no other noodle you have tried before.
Caution: Recipe is highly addictive :).
CHICKEN PEANUT THAI NOODLES
1. Cook pasta accordingly to directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix altogether to create the ultimate peanut sauce.
3. Steam or saute your favorite veggies, such as broccoli, asparagus, squash, red pepper, etc. if you want to add some delicious nutritious crunch to your dish.
4. Once pasta has finished cooking, toss the pasta into the large mixing bowl to coat with that delicious peanut sauce.
5. Plate your pasta and top with your cooked veggies and some rotisserie chicken. Top with some red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper.
Get out your chop sticks and enjoy!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!