I know you have been eating healthy at home, but please do not be afraid to dine out with your friends and/or loved ones. I absolutely love date nights with my husband and nights out with my lady friends. You can absolutely stay on track even when your'e not eating at home. If you don't believe me, check out my food collage pictured above. All of those meals were ordered out on date nights. They were all delicious and made my body feel happy too.
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track, while allowing you to indulge and treat yourself as well.
1. Preview the menu before dining out. If you know the restaurant you will be going to, check out the menu online to prepare yourself with making good decisions.
2. Choose meals with as close to whole foods as possible. I love ordering grilled proteins, like steak, chicken, pork chop, or fish, with a side of delicious steamed veggies. So how about we skip the frying, and ask for grilled or blackened protein instead. The flavors taste amazing, and your body will love you for it too!
3. Eat slowly. This will help your body realize when you are actually full, so you don't get that bloated feeling and appearance when your looking your best. Who wants that dreaded dragon belly when your rocking your cutest dress?! Not me!
4. Skip or only drink 1-2 alcoholic beverages. I love a nice glass of wine at dinner on the weekends. But, instead of filling up on an abundance of those not so healthy drinks, fill up on the food instead! If you order a glass of wine, sip it slowly and really enjoy the flavors of the wine with your food. Most restaurants have great recommendations for food and wine pairings. My cocktail rule is that I only order one if I know that restaurant serves the BEST. *Don't cheat just to cheat. Cheat only for the best and most unique!*
5. Drink and/or sip water throughout the night. This helps keep your body hydrated, which is always very important.
Remember to have fun and make choices that are worth it!