This crust recipe was first found on a wonderful blog written by a healthy mother at deliciouslyfit.guru. I have tweaked the ingredients minimally to personalize it for myself. This crust recipe is a fantastic option if you are gluten intolerant, need a pizza crust in a hurry, or if you really have no other crust options in your house. I always have rolled oats on hand, so this is my go-to clean and simple way to enjoy a delicious pizza.
This pizza crust is very unique, as it stays soft in the middle and gets crispy on the outer ends. But, have no fear, the bold flavors of the Italian seasoning and garlic help in making this the perfect tasty base for any type of pizza toppings! Another great thing about this type of crust is that you don't need a knife. It's soft-consistency center allows you to gently fork-cut each delicious bite.
So, the next time you or your family is craving pizza, give this clean + simple recipe a try. Your body and your taste buds will love you for it!
Find the recipe below for this flavorful and nutritious crust!
Italian Oats Pizza Crust
Frittatas are delicious, but now they can taste even better. "How can this be?" you ask. By adding bread to it, duh! Add some whole grain bread to make your next frittata more filling, and to make it taste it little more "comforty", aka healthy comfort food for breakfast.
All you need to do is add your favorite whole grain bread to the bottom of your greased skillet or pan. I greased my nonstick skillet with coconut oil and cut up pieces of Ezekiel Sesame bread to fit the bottom of my pan (see photos below). It will look like a bread puzzle, but it does the job. Then, just add your normal frittata ingredients like whisked eggs, veggies, cheese, seasonings and cover to cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through. That's it! I told you it was easy. The bread will soak up some of the eggs and the flavorful seasonings to make it a comforting and nutritious treat for your body.
Need a simple recipe to make a delicious frittata? No worries. Click here- Bacon Bacon Frittata , to make this amazing meal, or even if you just want to know the steps to design your very own one-of-a-kind frittata masterpiece!
I am by no means a "crock-pot connoisseur", but I think I may start using my crock-pot a LOT more now that I have made this super simple + clean chicken! A coworker of mine introduced me to Crock Pot Salsa Chicken, and informed me that you only need a jar of salsa, some garlic and chicken. The fact that I needed less than 5 ingredients was exciting, since I am all about simplicity :). The first time I tried making this chicken, I actually made two separate batches of salsa chicken (one with spicy salsa and one with mild salsa) . I cooked the first batch of chicken on high heat for less time, and the other batch of chicken on low heat for a longer amount of time. In my opinion, the spicy salsa and cooking the chicken on low heat for a longer period of time was my favorite. But, the other batch was just as tasty too! So whether you have 4 hours or 8 hours, this is a fabulous meal that can be eaten at any time of day and served with any sides of your choice.
Spicy Salsa Chicken was used in my lunch meals that I prepped for the whole work week. I paired my chicken with half of a baked sweet potato and chopped kale. Before eating I sprinkled some cilantro, topped with fresh avocado and lemon juice. My husband had the same for his lunches as well, and he loved it! #husbandapproved We also enjoyed this chicken on our homemade pizzas we make every Tuesday since we still had some chicken leftover. I told you I made two batches...that's a lot of chicken haha. You could also eat this tasty chicken in a whole grain tortilla for chicken tacos or make a chicken burrito bowl with whole grain rice, beans, and salsa, yum! However you decide to eat it, you won't be disappointed.
Here is the simple recipe for Spicy Salsa Crock Pot Chicken. Enjoy!
Spicy Salsa Crock Pot Chicken
Serve chicken with your favorite sides or use it to meal prep your lunches for the busy work week.
I hope you enjoy the simplicity of cooking this chicken!
Who doesn't love bacon? Who doesn't love maple syrup? Put them together in a fluffy nutritious muffin and you have...Bacon Maple Muffins! These bad boys are a crowd pleaser. Once people bite into these bacon flavored muffins, they will be "bacon" for more :).
My sister baked these for the first time for a Bridal Shower Brunch. Needless to say they were so tasty that we have to bake them again and again. We doubled the recipe and made mini-muffins instead of regular sized muffins to make them last longer. These muffins also make a great clean snack on- the -go for the work week.
Enough talking, and more baking! Here is the recipe for these amazing tasting Bacon Maple Muffins.
Bacon Maple Muffins
Makes about 12 muffins
Enjoy this delicious bacon-y treat!
If you are not receiving Clean Eating Magazine in your lovely little mailbox every month, then you are missing out! This magazine is an amazing resource for not only clean and delicious recipes, but also provides great health and nutrition articles to help you better understand what you should be putting into your body and why. Knowledge is power, so become powerful by educating yourself about how to keep your body in the best possible health it can be!
I have recently tried two new AMAZING recipes that were in latest Clean Eating Magazine. These recipes will knock you off your feet with their bold flavors, gorgeous plate appeal, and most importantly, how good they will make your body feel. Your body will thank you for it!
Here are two new clean and simple meals you should have made yesterday :). Try them out as soon as possible. These are definitely crowd pleasers!
Chicken Burgers with Basil Cream Sauce
1/4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp raw Honey
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
2 lbs ground chicken or turkey
1/4 cup diced cucumbers
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tbsp whole-milk plain yogurt or sour cream
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea Salt and Group Pepper to taste
Slices of Havarti Cheese (optional)
1. Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients together in a small bowl or food processor. Set aside.
2. Preheat your grill or heat a pan/skillet with Extra Virgin Olive Oil-stove top to medium heat.
3. Prepare burger patties: In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, onion, yogurt or sour cream, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper. Mix until all combined. Form your patties to the size of your liking.
4. Grill or cook patties until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, top your burger with cheese if desired.
5. Enjoy these burgers on whole grain bread or by themselves with a heavy drizzle of that delicious Basil Cream Sauce. Pair with your favorite veggies!
Tortilla Chip Chicken with Spicy Avocado Slaw
4 oz low-sodium tortilla chips
1/4 cup all-natural salsa
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp whole-wheat flour
4 boneless chicken breasts
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Spicy Avocado Sauce (for Slaw and Burgers)
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (may need to add more depending on taste preferences)
2 tbsp of raw honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1 small red cabbage shredded or sliced into thin strips or 4 cups of Cole Slaw Mix
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with aluminum foil
2. Prepare Spicy Avocado Sauce by blending all sauce ingredients together in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Clean out food processor; add tortilla chips and pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
4. In a second shallow dish, mix salsa and egg together.
5. In a third shallow dish, place flour.
6. Place chicken into the flour to cover completely; then dip into salsa mixture and finally roll through the tortilla chip crumbs, patting gently to coat the whole breast.
7. In a large nonstick skillet, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, flipping once until golden, 3 minutes per side. 8. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet and bake until cooked through in the oven. This may take 10-15 minutes.
9. Place cabbage strips or cole slaw mix into a large bowl. Add about half of the sauce mixture to the cabbage and mix until cabbage is coated well.
10. Use the rest of this delicious sauce to dip your chicken into. Yum!
You Say "Frittata", I say "Frittata"
What is a frittata?
How is a frittata different than an omelette?
These are all questions I had when I first heard this lovely Italian word. The Italian word "frittata" derives from the word "friggere" which actually means fried. This was originally a general term for cooking eggs in a pan or skillet, anywhere from fried eggs to an omelet.
In the last fifty years, "frittata" has transformed to "Italy's version of an open-face omelette". That's right, no flipping of eggs will be happening when you make a frittata.
Here are some key tips on how to make the best tasting frittata in a clean and simple way!
1. Eggs for a frittata should be beaten vigorously, to incorporate more air than traditional omelettes, to allow a more filling and fluffier result.
2. Add a mixture of chopped vegetables, herbs and spices, and a little bit of feta in your egg mixture for a delicious tasting frittata.
3. The mixture should be cooked and covered over low heat for at least 10- 20 minutes, until the top is no longer runny.
Are you ready to practice these frittata tips??
Try out this simple recipe for a Bacon Bacon Frittata that will blow your mind!
Want a bread bottomed frittata? Just add pieces of your favorite bread to the bottom of your pan or skillet first. Click here to make your frittata bread bottomed!
BACON BACON FRITTATA
1. Heat the bacon fat in a medium to large skillet (make sure you have a lid that fits) on low- medium heat.
2. While your skillet is heating, chop your veggies and bacon. Then whisk your eggs together in a medium size bowl.
3. Add in your chopped vegetables and bacon pieces into the eggs and stir gently.
4. Once skillet has heated and bacon fat has melted, pour egg mixture into the pan. Sprinkle in your spices and feta on top of eggs and cover skillet with a lid.
5. Let the frittata cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the top is no longer runny.
6. Once the frittata is done, cut into slices and share this delicious bacon-bacon breakfast!
Always craving good food,
My Top 5 Reasons to Meal Prep:
1. More Energy
2. Healthy Body Inside and Out
3. Positive Attitude
4. Better Sex
5. Save Money
1. More Energy- Eating clean whole foods every 2-3 hours, including three moderate-size meals plus two clean snacks, will help your body sustain blood sugar levels. Doing this will boost your energy levels and help you maintain that energy throughout the busy day. Also, drink lots of WATER!
2. Healthy Body Inside and Out- Meal prepping your lunches and snacks means you have FULL CONTROL over the ingredients and portions you consume. Choose whole clean foods to fuel your body, instead of purchasing processed foods sold at convenient stores and fast food restaurants. Your body will show you the amazing benefits of eating those whole foods by dropping unwanted pounds of extra fat, and making your organs feels superior!
3. Positive Attitude- Research has shown that the best motivation to inspire change comes from within, and is rooted in positive thinking. Change your diet to a healthy balanced one, and your attitude changes as well. Clean Eating and Positive Thinking go hand and hand!
4. Better Sex - A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found a correlation between high cholesterol and women who have difficulty with arousal (orgasms). When cholesterol builds up in the arteries, it makes it harder for blood to flow (in the pelvic area) that can lead to less sensation in the genitals, thus making it harder to achieve an orgasm. Also, clean eating makes your body look and feel healthier and sexier!
5. Save Money- Many people think eating whole foods is too expensive. Don't get fooled! Shopping and cooking healthy meals is way less expensive than eating out all of the time. Save money and avoid tons of extra calories by planning your meals ahead of time. Shop only for the ingredients you need to make meals that week, and stop grabbing those extra processed snacks and foods your body doesn't need. Your doctor and medicine bills will be less too, because you are keeping your body happy and healthy.
Try out this clean + simple lunch recipe to help you meal prep for your next work week.
This recipe only took me 45 minutes and some seconds to prepare my lunches for the work week (I actually timed myself, haha)! There are no excuses for not being prepared with nutritious whole foods for lunch . Your body will thank you for it down the road.
Seasoned Turkey + Sweet Potato Bowl
-Chopped Garlic Cloves (3)
-2 tbsp of Garam Masala
-1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
-Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
-Dash of Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix altogether until potatoes are lightly coated.
2. Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with ground pepper. Roast potatoes for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
3. While potatoes are roasting, place a large skillet on medium heat. Once skillet or pan is hot add your ground turkey or chicken.
4. Use a spatula to break your meat into tiny pieces. Once cooked, add your favorite seasonings and mix altogether.
5. Chop asparagus spears into bite size pieces. This makes it easier to eat it altogether at lunch with no knife required!
6. Get 5 plastic containers and place in each container the following:
Use a measuring cup...
- about 1 cup of meat
- 1/2 cup of asparagus or 5-6 spears chopped
- about 1 cup of sweet potatoes
Pack your favorite clean condiments to pair with this meal, such as salsa, hummus or even guacamole. Mix any of these condiments to your delicious clean and colorful lunch bowl and enjoy!
As you know, I am all about finding quick meals that I can prepare in less than 30 minutes; and when my creative juices aren't flowing I turn to either Clean Eating Magazine or Cooking Light Magazine. Both are great resources to diversify your cooking menu at home.
In Cooking Light's January/February 2016 issue I stumbled upon this wonderful pasta recipe, Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Pasta, that could be prepared in under 30 minutes, and it looked scrumptious! Needless to say I had to try this recipe for myself to see if tasted as good as it looked in the photograph.
This recipe gets 5 golden stars from me! Not only is it made with whole foods, and took little time to prepare, but it only required 5 ingredients and it was an easy meal for me to prepare while company was at my house. I was entertaining family with appetizers, small plates and this meal was something I was able to cook while everyone was enjoying wine and good conversation. Some family members even stepped in and helped cook with me since the food prepping was so simple. It was such a joyous food dish to make and have with others.
Feel free to personalize this recipe to suit your taste buds. Choose any type of sausage, greens or pasta you prefer. I used a spicy Italian chicken sausage, and brown rice pasta noodles in my version. If broccoli rabe is difficult for you to find at your local market, use broccoli instead! Broccoli rabe is a bit more bitter than broccoli, which makes the lemon juice a vital ingredient in this recipe to hid the bitterness.
Well until next time, pasta la zista, baby!
Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Pasta
Have you ever opened up the fridge on a Saturday morning to find that there are NO EGGS??!! This was my lovely morning discovery today, haha. Say goodbye to all egg breakfast possibilities, no veggie frittata, no omelet or even poached eggs! But, naturally I did what any sensible human being would do, I decided to make pancakes. Pancakes always make people happy!
These delicious pancakes contain chia seeds, a superfood, full of omega-3’s, fiber, phosphorus, manganese, protein, and calcium. Chia seeds help you get full faster, which makes these pancakes a great filling and nutritious breakfast to start your day. This amazing pancake recipe will make your pancakes light and fluffy on the inside, and slightly crispy on the outside.
It's easy to jazz up these nutritious pancakes too! Just add a heavy drizzle of maple syrup, honey or even a simple homemade berry syrup. To make your own homemade berry syrup just add berries, either syrup or honey in a small bowl, and pop in the microwave until hot (be careful it doesn't bubble over).
Here is a Clean & Simple Recipe to make you and your loved ones' heart and stomach happy in the morning!
Vegan Maple Chia Seed Pancakes
makes about 6-8 medium size pancakes
Rise and shine, it's pancake time! Enjoy loves!
Always craving good food,