Pizza keeps me sane. Seriously.
Pizza is a weekly meal, I repeat, a weekly meal in our house. We strive to make our pizzas as easy and as delicious as possible using good proteins, fresh veggies and a variety of cheeses! You could use a large crust to make one pizza for sharing, or a small crust to make a more personalized pizza.
This Sausage + Asparagus Pizza has a beautiful balance of flavors, including organic juicy sausage, sweet orange peppers, crunchy asparagus spears and creamy mozzarella. After the pizza is baked, add a fun-filled finishing touch of feta confetti all over - yummy!
SAUSAGE + ASPARAGUS PIZZA
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat up.
2. Heat a medium-size pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp of ghee or butter. Once pan is heated, cook your sliced sausage for about 5 minutes, or until sausage is slightly browned on both sides.
3. Spread tomato sauce on your pizza crust. We use Muir Glen's Tomato Sauce because it is made with real, whole ingredients, such as tomatoes and garlic.
4. Add toppings to pizza- mozzarella, sausage slices, orange peppers and asparagus spears. Sprinkle entire pizza with a light dusting of garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
5. Bake pizza in the oven for about 13-15 minutes or until crust gets crispy. Sprinkle feta all over your pizza (like confetti) before eating and appreciating every delicious bite.
Always craving good food,
"All disease begins in the gut."
Wakey, wakey, eggs and bacy! It's another gorgeous Sunday, which means it's time to get prepared for another healthy week of living it up! The only way we can truly thrive with tons of energy and good health is to put real, good food into our bodies. That is the true fuel to help keep our bodies working in tip-top shape. Processed foods like chips, cookies, and candy are toxic to our body. Toxic meaning they lead to sickness! Also, make sure when you are cooking at home that you stay clear of hydrogenated oils, such as canola oil, vegetable oil, and peanut oil. These oils are also poison to our bodies and can lead to inflammation, weight gain, disease, skin problems, and the list goes on and on. Instead, cook with grass-fed butter, ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, or even bacon fat, yummy!
I have another fun weekly plan that may help you get things going. Write your own food list or quickly print out my GROCERY LIST, which makes everything so much easier! My weekly meal plan is full of real, whole, delicious foods. This Wednesday I am leaving for 2 days to attend a school conference which is super exciting! No worries though, because my husband and sister will be prepared with everything they need to make dinner on those nights I am unable to cook.
LUNCHES FOR THE WEEK: Chicken Bowls
Baked Chicken + 1/2 sweet potato + Spinach + Salsa
SUNDAY: Italian Lamb Meatballs
MONDAY: Green Chef dinner (last one left from last week)
Get 4 Free meals from Green Chef - click here!
TUESDAY: Chicken Chorizo Tacos
WEDNESDAY: Chicken Sausage + Krispy Kale Pizza
FRIDAY: Date night!
Always craving good food,
"Never work before breakfast. If you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first."
looking for something specific? search here!