Woo hoo! You are almost to the finish line with your 30 day gut journey! Is your body feel energized? Hopefully you are learning a lot through this experience and building a strong mind and body connection (what foods it responds well to and what foods it doesn't). Remember how your body is feeling at this very moment, so when you start introducing dairy, sugar, legumes, and alcohol back into your diet you can decide if those foods are worth eating or not. Here is your last full week meal plan of Whole 30 approved meals to make this journey a little easier for you. You got this!
Whole 3O: A Gut Experiment
Week 4 Meal Plan
1-2 cups of organic coffee with coconut milk
Coconut Milk Chia Pudding or
Breakfast Salad -2 boiled eggs over salad greens (spinach, fruit, avocado and topped with Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
1 baked chicken breast (season with ground pepper and lemon juice)
1-2 cups of baby spinach or arugula
1/2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
Almonds + Walnuts
Baked green beans (toss in olive oil, season with garlic powder, S + P)
1/2 baked sweet or white potato
Salsa + Mozzarella Beef Burgers (no mozzarella)
Roasted broccoli (season with garlic powder) + Fresh raw peppers
Brinner: 2 poached eggs, sausage link, and sauteed kale in coconut oil (S+P)
Chicken Sausage + Krispy Kale Pizza on top of a Skillet Cauliflower Egg Pizza Crust (no cheese)
Are you enjoying the recipes? If so, please leave me a comment because I would love to hear from you! Sending positive vibes your way this week :)
Always craving good food,
Nachos are all about cheese, cheese, and more cheese.
Chips are overrated. Yes, they are crunchy and salty which makes them extremely addicting. But, literally who needs them? Our bodies sure don't need them! Chips are very low in nutrients which means our bodies aren't going to use them for fuel. They will most likely be stored away in the "fat department" where are bodies have a very difficult time a accessing it later. So if you and your body are ready for a change in the nacho scene at home, check out the new nutrient-dense "chip" on your next nacho plate...roasted brussels and cauliflower! For me personally, nachos are all about the cheese and the best toppings. So as long as there is cheese, guacamole and buffalo chicken involved, I am all in baby!
When all else fails, just add cheese!
BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER + BRUSSELS
serves many hungry people
1. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Place the pot on high heat. Once the pot has boiled, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken breasts are tender (165 degrees).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss chopped cauliflower and brussel sprouts in olive oil and S + P. Place veggies on a large aluminium covered baking pan and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until veggies are slightly browned and tender.
3. Once chicken has cooked, shred chicken with two forks and put aside. Use the same pot for boiling the chicken (rinse it out first) and place 1 tbsp of ghee or butter in the pot on medium heat.
4. Once the ghee or butter has melted, place the shredded chicken, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, and S + P all in the pot. Stir to coat chicken evenly with sauce and spices. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes, then cover pot and let simmer.
5. In a large baking/casserole dish, place and toss roasted vegetables, goat cheese, tomatoes, and onions altogether. Next, top this mixture with shredded buffalo chicken. Last, cover all of the chicken with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Enjoy this heavenly + healthy twist on your traditional nachos!
Always craving good food,
These salsa burgers will "dance" in your mouth with incredible flavor!
As a full-time teacher I like knowing that I can whip up dinner in under 30 minutes. Burgers are always a good choice for my family during the week because everyone loves burgers, and there's always leftovers for a future meal. Cook once, eat twice!
The salsa and chipotle chili pepper really give this burger a smoky and tangy kick! My sister ate one of these burgers as a leftover lunch, and she couldn't believe it was still moist and juicy 3 days later. Are you ready for a quick weekday dinner that you and your family will love? Let's keep it simple and cook some burgers!
SALSA + MOZZARELLA BURGERS
makes about 8 burgers
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, grated onion, salsa and spices together with your hands.
2. Form beef mixture into 8 medium size patties.
3. Grill burger patties or cook them in a large skillet in either ghee, butter, or beef tallow for about 7 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other side. Lay slices of mozzarella on top of the burgers 2 minutes before they are done cooking.
4. Once the mozzarella has melted, serve your burger with your favorite roasted vegetable, some arugula, crunchy peppers, and top it off with a big dollop of salsa. Enjoy the flavor-dance party!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!