GETTIN' FIGGY WITH IT.
We eat pizza once a week in this house so I gotta keep the pizza toppings super fun and exciting!
The Ham & Jam Pizza creation was inspired by one of my favorite pizzas I used to get all the time at a local brick oven pizza place. I love the simplicity of taking a usual pizza topping like ham and pairing it with an unusual pizza topping such as fig jam.
Ya'll know I'm a KALE FANATIC, so I had to sneak the greens into this recipe. Adding kale is the EASIEST WAY to health up any pizza because the kale gets crispy and tastes fantastic!
Get ready to make the pizza of your dreams. Enjoy friends!
THE HAM & JAM PIZZA
1. In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat and fry ham slices until browned on both sides (about 3-4 mins).
2. While ham is frying, preheat oven to 400 degrees and chop kale into small pieces.
3. Take pizza crust and spread about 1-2 tbsp. of fig jam all over (just a thin layer).
4. Cut fried ham slices into bite size pieces and place all over the pizza crust.
5. Next, place chopped kale all over your crust.
6. Then, add either sliced gruyere cheese or goat cheese all on top of your chopped kale.
7. Bake pizza for 10 -12 minutes.
8. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some added heat.
Eat it all by yourself, or cut into bite size pieces for a fabulous appetizer.
Cheers to a new way of jazzing up pizza nights at home!
always craving health & happiness,
i'm learning to embrace more slow cooked meals so I can set it and forget it.
This is my first time putting ground meat in a slow cooker, and now I can't go back to cooking ground meat on the stove!
This way of cooking gave me some much needed TIME BACK!
This simple taco bowl was created because we ran out of tortillas, so the family was pumped to do TACO NIGHTS differently!
The flavorful meat complimented the whole grain rice so DANG NICELY, especially once you add in all the tasty taco toppings and mix it together. Delish!
Get ready to set it and forget it, so you can go on a walk, play with your kids or maybe even get some much needed alone time as the slow cooker does ALL THE WORK FOR YOU.
slow cooker ground chicken taco bowls
Optional Taco Toppings:
Avocado, Salsa, Plain Greek Yogurt and/or Cheddar Cheese, Fresh Cilantro
1. Cook rice/quinoa according to package directions.
2. In a medium size slow cooker place chicken, salsa and seasonings inside. Mix together gently.
3. Cover slow cooker lid, cook on high for 2- 2 1/2 hours or on low for 4- 4 1/2 hours.
4. Once chicken is cooked use a spatula to break the meat into smaller chunks. Then, add in your chopped peppers so they can warm up but still maintain their crunch!
To serve your taco bowl, place some cooked rice or quinoa in a bowl, add a big scoop of this delicious meat, a handful of chopped greens and your favorite taco toppings!
Always craving health + happiness,
looking for something specific? search here!