We are defined by what we choose to reject.
I am a HUGE fan of quotes. I consume quotes every morning before doing anything else. It's just part of my morning routine now.
Consuming quotes that are meaningful and purposeful helps me prime my brain to be open, patient and a little kinder for whatever the day's chaos will bring me.
If you are need of some super intentional quotes to prime your mind for the day, I have listed my favorite quotes (there's thirty-one of them to be exact) from the book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.
It's a book that I recommend to anyone who's ready to take action and live their life with more intention to be a hella lot happier!
ENJOY READING FRIENDS!
"Release your attachments to how things "ought" to be and instead surrender to how they actually are."
-Dr. Shefali Tsabary
My husband and I did a crazy thing --- we flew out of the country to visit friends with our 13 month-old baby girl! Wowzers, right?
We both made a conscious decisision (not coersed by any means) to fly eight hours, for the first time, with a baby, to a different country, for ten days. Did I mention there is a six hour time difference between Maryland and Denmark?
To many people this may sound like a total disaster, wrapped up in a pretty bow of course, waiting to happen. And I would be lying if I didn't have doubts or a mild freak out in the beginning.
But when I say this trip was PHENOMENAL, this trip was PHENOMENAL!
If any parents or caregivers are thinking about embarking on a crazy adventure, I'm here to spread words of encouragement that
YOU CAN DO IT and IT CAN BE AMAZING!
Here are our TOP 10 TRAVELING TIPS WITH A BABY that my husband and I both agreed made our trip a little less chaotic and a whole lot more fun!
top 10 traveling tips with a baby
It's better to have extra time on your hands and extra money in your pocket than extra stuff in your closet.
Want to simplify your wardrobe?
Want less descision fatigue when choosing what to wear?
Want to appriecate the clothing you own more?
Want to stop your habit of mindless clothes shopping?
I have a solution that may help you!
THE 10 X 10 CHALLENGE
It's super simple! Let me tell you how it works.
First, simply choose 10 articles of clothing to wear for the next 10 days.
Please note, this doesn't include accessories (like jewelry and hats), shoes, bathing suits or exercise attire.
Then, use only these 10 articles of clothing when putting an outfit together for the next 10 days. Trust me, YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!
Feel free to get creative and use differnet accessories and shoes to fancy an outfit up or dress it down. This is when the creative juices start flowing.
But most importantly, have FUN with it!
What I've learned after completing many 10 x 10 Challenges:
1. I enjoy having less clothing options, because that means less time spent thinking and choosing what to wear. This means LESS STRESS!
2. I've discoverd my realistic style versus my dream style.
I didn't need 5 pairs of high heels, just 1-2 pairs of really stylish and comfortable shoes.
3. I feel more grateful for the clothing I own, which helps me appreciate and take good care of the clothing in my closet.
4. I am more confident and feel sexier than ever because every piece of clothing I own is my FAVORITE (and fits perfectly).
5. I have found new healthier habits (like walking) to replace my shopping addiction.
6. When I shop, I choose quality versus quantity. This means I take my time choosing a new wardrobe item. No more impulsive purchases!
7. I am more creative when I have less stuff to work with.
8. Accessories like jewelry and hats can really change the mood of an outfit - I don't need a completely new or different outfit.
9. Nobody notices when you wear the same pants 3 days in a row --- it's all in our heads.
Are you ready to get started and feel the amazing benefits completing this fun challenge?
Want to see more details about my previous 10 x 10 challenges?
Visit my wardrobe instastories on instagram at @the.clean.and.simple.life
Please share your journey experience so we can inspire others to feel a little bit lighter in this chaotic world.
Can't wait to hear and see your journey. You got this!
Always craving health + happiness,
looking for something specific? search here!