I never met a pizza like you before. <3
There is a reason why this pizza is called the Balsamic Onion Pizza, and it's because they are the star ingredient to this dish. Even if you don't like onions, the sweet and tangy flavor they get when immersed in balsamic vinegar and a little maple syrup is deliciously unreal!
Like most pizza recipes, this is extremely versatile to toppings of your choice or toppings you may have lying in your refrigerator. Just make sure not to use tomato sauce with this pizza, because the balsamic onions give you all the acidity you need. Feel free to use pepperoni or prosciutto instead of ground chicken, or goat or blue cheese instead of mozzarella. Either way, the pizza will be a flavorful masterpiece you can't screw up.
BALSAMIC ONION PIZZA
1. Place butter in a medium size skillet on medium heat. Add sliced onions and saute until they are translucent and limp.
2. In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and salt together.
3. Add this mixture to the onions and stir gently. The balsamic mixture should come to a light boil (still on medium heat). Let the onion-balsamic mixture boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature. The balsamic mixture will thicken, like a syrup, which really flavors the onions!
4. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
5. While the onions are cooling you can cook the chicken. Place butter in a large skillet on medium-low heat. Add ground chicken, breaking apart into large chunks as it is cooking. Season with salt and pepper once chicken is cooked and tender.
6. Once balsamic onions are cool, spread them all over your pizza crust. Next, add your chopped kale. Then, top your pizza with as much ground chicken chunks as you want. Last, spread your mozzarella slices evenly on top of your kale. Drizzle the entire pizza with extra virgin olive oil and a light sprinkle of seasonings.
7. Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese has melted. Share this flavorful pizza with your favorite people!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!