Crunchy, creamy and healthy.
These are the three words I would use to describe this pizza. Crunchy bacon, creamy goat cheese, and healthy brussel sprouts make this pizza a winner for a simple nutritious meal. The savory and sweet flavor combination of these ingredients will not disappoint your taste buds. This is definitely a pizza keeper recipe!
This pizza can be assembled in less than 30 minutes with a few simple short-cuts. By baking your bacon in the oven, helps save you time and not to mention a kitchen grease mess. Also, baking your sweet potato ahead of time will help this pizza making process go even quicker. You will be amazed how simple this recipe is, and how delicious your final product will taste.
B.B.G PIZZA - BACON BRUSSEL SPROUT GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar & honey
1. Place bacon on a baking sheet, and cook in the oven at 400 for about 20 minutes, or until crispy.
2. While bacon is cooking, slice brussel sprouts thinly into strips and put aside.
3. Using a large spoon, spread sauce on top of your pizza crust. If adding sweet potato, chop into quarters and smash using a fork on top of pizza sauce so it's spread evenly.
4. Next, top your pizza with brussel sprouts slices and goat cheese. Break cooked bacon into 1-inch pieces and place on pizza as well. Season with salt and pepper before baking.
5. Bake pizza in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes, or until pizza crust is crispy.
6. Before serving, drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and honey for a truly extravagant pizza event :)
Enjoy this crunchy, creamy healthy pizza!
Always craving good food,