What could be better than combining my two favorites meals, breakfast and pizza.
This breakfast pizza is a winner! What makes this recipe super simple is that I skip the whole "making my own pizza dough" part. I choose to use my favorite store-bought healthy pizza crust, Brooklyn Bred's ancient grain pizza crust, which makes the perfect crispy foundation for any delicious pizza. If you would rather make your own pizza crust, that would be fantastic too!
You can totally personalize this pizza with toppings you love. I have topped this pizza with ingredients I had laying in my fridge at the time, kale, onions, peppers, feta, pepperoni, and of course an egg. Feel free to choose your favorite veggies, meats, and cheeses to make this pizza perfect for you.
Are you ready? Let's start making this clean and simple pizza masterpiece. This pizza has it all, beauty, flavor, cheese, and egg-cellent nutrition!
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, pesto and pizza sauce together to make a flavorful spread for your pizza. Spread this evenly on your crust.
3. Chop your onion, peppers, and kale into small pieces.
4. Top your pizza with the chopped veggies, pepperoni, and cheese.
5. Bake pizza for 12 minutes or until crust is crispy.
6. While your pizza is baking, fry 1 egg, sunny side up, in a skillet for about 5 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked.
7. Serve your pizza with the sunny egg on top, and season with salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes for some spice!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!