This Buffalo Breakfast Hash thinks you're beautiful, just the way you are.
Potatoes, potatoes, and more potatoes please! I am so thankful that potatoes were created full of vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, vitamin C, folate, and vitamin B6. The best part of potatoes is that they are Whole 3O approved too! I am currently adventuring into detoxing my body of grains, sugars, and dairy and it has been an incredible learning experience. It's exciting to experiment with new meals, especially my breakfasts. Before I started Whole 3O I would have a delicious Balanced Protein Shake Monday thru Friday. Because protein powders are frowned upon during Whole 3O (because it's not in the "wholest" food form), I am trying new breakfast meals that are still nutritionally balanced of protein, greens, healthy fats and carbs! That's when this tasty Buffalo Breakfast Hash was born into the world :).
The great thing about this Buffalo Breakfast Hash is that it's great for using up leftover potatoes. So, check out your fridge right now. Do you have some leftover baked potatoes?? If yes, then your'e in luck! That's exactly what I used to make this clean + simple dish. This hash consists of potatoes, onions, kale, and finally flavored with Tessamae's Mild Buffalo Sauce to really zing your morning taste buds. Pair this flavorful hash with some eggs, avocado and sauerkraut and you have one fine looking plate. #foodporn
Alrighty, let's hash out the details now on how to make this tasty breakfast. Enjoy!
BUFFALO BREAKFAST HASH
1. Add 1 tbsp of bacon fat, ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
2. Once skillet is hot and fat has melted, add chopped onions and cook until slightly translucent.
3. Next, add in baked potato pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 7-10 minutes.
4. Then, add in chopped kale and cook mixture for 5 more minutes, or until potatoes are slightly browned and kale has wilted.
5. Turn the heat on low and add in your buffalo sauce. Mix everything all together to cover every potato chunk with sauce! Cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve this flavorful hash with eggs, avocado, sauerkraut and maybe some bacon for a tasty breakfast your body will sure to love!
Always craving good food,