The power of the Cauli-Flower!
One of my favorite taco places in my hometown, Vida Taco, has inspired this meal because their buffalo cauliflower tacos are so dang DELISH!
The almond meal/flour breading gives the cauliflower a good "meatiness" so it makes for a very filling meal.
Please feel free to experiment with different buffalo sauces. My family loves Tesseamae's and have used both their Mild Bufffalo sauce and even their Buffalo Ranch too! Both sauces worked really well with flavor, not making it too spicy for the little ones to enjoy as well.
I wanted to keep the taco toppings super simple since the buffalo cauliflower is the star of this dish. Adding a little chopped spinach, a few avocado slices, a squeeze of lime juice and some pepper is a nice final touch for these tacos.
We love using hard taco shells to give these tacos some much needed CRUNCH, but you're welcome to use flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or even lettuce wraps!
Enjoy this SUPER FUN way to devour cauliflower :)
buffalo cauliflower tacos (grain free)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Break apart cauliflower into small and medium size florets. They don't all have to be the same size, just do what is easier for you!
3. In a medium-size bowl add almond meal, water, mayo, garlic powder and salt. Stir ingredients all together until it forms a wet oatmeal-like consistency.
4. Dunk and cover each cauliflower nugget with this mixture and place gently on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Pour buffalo sauce in a small bowl. Remove cauliflower from the oven after 20 minutes and brush each nugget thoroughly with buffalo sauce. Bake in the oven again for just 5 more minutes.
6. To create the perfect taco, place chopped baby spinach inside the hard tortilla shell, add in some sliced avocado, and then your buffalo cauliflower last. Squeeze some lime juice all over, a little fresh ground pepper and add more buffalo sauce on top!
It's soooo tasty ya'll! Enjoy :)
Go get your taco on!
looking for something specific? search here!