Nachos are all about cheese, cheese, and more cheese.
Chips are overrated. Yes, they are crunchy and salty which makes them extremely addicting. But, literally who needs them? Our bodies sure don't need them! Chips are very low in nutrients which means our bodies aren't going to use them for fuel. They will most likely be stored away in the "fat department" where are bodies have a very difficult time a accessing it later. So if you and your body are ready for a change in the nacho scene at home, check out the new nutrient-dense "chip" on your next nacho plate...roasted brussels and cauliflower! For me personally, nachos are all about the cheese and the best toppings. So as long as there is cheese, guacamole and buffalo chicken involved, I am all in baby!
When all else fails, just add cheese!
BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER + BRUSSELS
serves many hungry people
1. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Place the pot on high heat. Once the pot has boiled, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken breasts are tender (165 degrees).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss chopped cauliflower and brussel sprouts in olive oil and S + P. Place veggies on a large aluminium covered baking pan and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until veggies are slightly browned and tender.
3. Once chicken has cooked, shred chicken with two forks and put aside. Use the same pot for boiling the chicken (rinse it out first) and place 1 tbsp of ghee or butter in the pot on medium heat.
4. Once the ghee or butter has melted, place the shredded chicken, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, and S + P all in the pot. Stir to coat chicken evenly with sauce and spices. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes, then cover pot and let simmer.
5. In a large baking/casserole dish, place and toss roasted vegetables, goat cheese, tomatoes, and onions altogether. Next, top this mixture with shredded buffalo chicken. Last, cover all of the chicken with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Enjoy this heavenly + healthy twist on your traditional nachos!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!