Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2,000 of something.
How funny is that line from comedian Mitch Hedburg? Haha. Okay, so we aren't using 2,000 of real rice in this recipe, but it's still going to be fantastically delicious! Grab a bag of cauliflower rice, some chicken, snap peas, a lime and let's get this meal a cookin! I love making this dish because it all cooks in one large skillet. Can you say, "Less clean up!" Woo hoo! This recipe will serve four averagely hungry people and can be adjusted easily if you are serving more than four. Just add a couple more chicken breasts and some cauliflower rice. Don't worry, there will be plenty of sauce if more meat is added.
The lime juice is the key ingredient that really makes this dish taste flavorful and fresh! Adding fresh herbs before serving also helps takes this fried rice to the next level :). If you don't have fresh basil, use cilantro, parsley, green onion, or whatever you have on hand. Get creative and have fun making this simple and healthy meal!
CHICKEN CAULIFRIED RICE
1. Place a large skillet on medium heat with 1 tbsp. coconut oil.
2. Once pan is hot, add in chopped onion and cook until slightly translucent. Then add in your chicken. Season chicken with garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if you like a little spiciness.
3. Once chicken is about 90-95% cooked, add in snap peas and cauliflower rice. Stir altogether and cook for about 5 more minutes.
4. Make room for a small area in the pan to crack your egg and let that scramble. Once scrambled, mix everything altogether.
5. In a small separate bowl, mix all of your sauce ingredients together. Add this tasty sauce into the pan and stir to coat all the chicken and veggies. Once the sauce starts to bubble, simmer on low heat for 5 more minutes.
6. Serve this tasty meal in a bowl with some fresh basil and another squeeze of lime juice if you like things zesty!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!