Pizza is the cure to happiness, health and hangriness.
We eat pizza once a week in my house. When you love a meal as much as we love pizza, you find a way to make your body love it-make it healthy! Pizza can do amazing things for your body- if it's made by YOU + with foods your BODY LOVES. We are able to eat pizza weekly because we follow some simple, but important guidelines.
PIZZA EATING GUIDELINES
1. We have to make it ourselves.
2. We have to use as close to real, fresh, and whole ingredients as possible.
3. Our pizza has to be balanced-consist of protein, lots of vegetables, and good carbs.
This Chicken Sausage and Krispy Kale Pizza is just one of many pizza recipes we make as a family. You could use a large crust to make one pizza, or a small crust to make a more personalized pizza. Cheers to more pizza making and eating!
CHICKEN SAUSAGE + KRISPY KALE PIZZA
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat up.
2. Heat a medium-size pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or butter. Once pan is heated, saute your chopped kale until all leaves are slightly wilted. Place kale in a bowl on the side. Then, in the same pan, add 1/2 tbsp more of coconut oil, ghee or butter to cook your chicken sausage for about 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Slice sausage once cooled.
3. Spread tomato sauce on your pizza crust. We use Muir Glen's Tomato Sauce because it is made with real, whole ingredients, such as tomatoes and garlic.
4. Add toppings to pizza- sauteed kale, chicken sausage slices and mozzarella. Sprinkle entire pizza with a light dusting of garlic powder, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and red pepper flakes for spiciness.
5. Bake pizza in the oven for about 13-15 minutes, or until crust and kale gets crispy (Krispy Kale, yum!). Enjoy this amazing + healthy pizza once it's cool enough for you to eat. Eat slowly and savor this pizza moment!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!