"Creature protein contains all the essential amino acids in proper proportion to one another--known as complete protein. Complete protein must be eaten daily to serve the body's many ongoing needs, such as tissue repair, the normal growth and development of a child, and zinc and iron utilization to cholesterol-carrying to the building of proteins for oxygen transport."
-Liz Wolfe, NTP (Eat the Yolks)
So let's continue to eat a good source of creature protein, shall we?
CHORIZO-EGG TACO SALAD
1. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook for 10 minutes, or until onions start to brown slightly.
2. Add in chorizo and break into tiny pieces using a spatula while it is cooking.
3. Once chorizo is cooked, about 10 -15 minutes, add in seasonings and stir altogether. Next, add in whisked eggs and using a rubber spatula gently mix and cook.
4. Once eggs are cooked, turn the heat down to low, and stir in lime juice and lots of fresh cilantro.
5. Serve this flavorful complete protein :) on top of your favorite greens. Add your with your favorite taco toppings, like plain Greek yogurt, salsa and more fresh cilantro!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!