Is your mouth watering yet?
This delicious taco bake will blow your taco taste buds out of the water! I plan on using the word "taco" a lot in this blog post, just a warning, haha. This taco-extravaganza is a flavor combination of tacos, nachos, and heaven. Not only is this taco bake simple to make, but it is also healthy! You don't have to feel guilty about eating this taco-deliciousness. It's made with whole ingredients such as beans, lean ground chicken, kale, peppers, and fresh avocado. You can add or substitute other veggies if you have others on hand, like corn or jalapenos. It's a very flexible recipe, which is even more of a reason why it's fun to make and eat. Eat it in a bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt, or with some crunchy tortilla chips.
Enough talking, and more tacoing!
CLEAN CHICKEN + KALE TACO BAKE
1. Heat a large skillet (big enough to ground the chicken and for the veggies added later) on medium heat. Cook your ground chicken until just about done. While your chicken is cooking preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Once your ground chicken is just about done, add your beans, red onion, kale, yellow pepper, garlic, salsa, and seasonings. Mix altogether in the same skillet with your cooked chicken. Turn the heat on low, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
3. In a deep pan or dish (I used a 10 x 10 ceramic baking dish), place and spread out your cooked brown rice on the bottom of the pan/dish.
4. Next, pour the chicken and veggies mixture on top of your rice. Spread mixture out so it is evenly distributed.
5. Then top your mixture with shredded cheese (I used Monterey jack, but any cheese would be delicious!). Top it off with some sliced avocado too.
6. Place your dish in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
This dish is great to eat by itself or with some tortilla chips (That's how my husband eats it). It's great leftover for lunch the next day too. Enjoy this fun twist on tacos, and let me know what your taste buds think!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!