If you are not receiving Clean Eating Magazine in your lovely little mailbox every month, then you are missing out! This magazine is an amazing resource for not only clean and delicious recipes, but also provides great health and nutrition articles to help you better understand what you should be putting into your body and why. Knowledge is power, so become powerful by educating yourself about how to keep your body in the best possible health it can be!
I have recently tried two new AMAZING recipes that were in latest Clean Eating Magazine. These recipes will knock you off your feet with their bold flavors, gorgeous plate appeal, and most importantly, how good they will make your body feel. Your body will thank you for it!
Here are two new clean and simple meals you should have made yesterday :). Try them out as soon as possible. These are definitely crowd pleasers!
Chicken Burgers with Basil Cream Sauce
1/4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp raw Honey
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
2 lbs ground chicken or turkey
1/4 cup diced cucumbers
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tbsp whole-milk plain yogurt or sour cream
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea Salt and Group Pepper to taste
Slices of Havarti Cheese (optional)
1. Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients together in a small bowl or food processor. Set aside.
2. Preheat your grill or heat a pan/skillet with Extra Virgin Olive Oil-stove top to medium heat.
3. Prepare burger patties: In a large bowl, combine chicken, cucumber, onion, yogurt or sour cream, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper. Mix until all combined. Form your patties to the size of your liking.
4. Grill or cook patties until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, top your burger with cheese if desired.
5. Enjoy these burgers on whole grain bread or by themselves with a heavy drizzle of that delicious Basil Cream Sauce. Pair with your favorite veggies!
Tortilla Chip Chicken with Spicy Avocado Slaw
4 oz low-sodium tortilla chips
1/4 cup all-natural salsa
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp whole-wheat flour
4 boneless chicken breasts
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Spicy Avocado Sauce (for Slaw and Burgers)
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (may need to add more depending on taste preferences)
2 tbsp of raw honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1 small red cabbage shredded or sliced into thin strips or 4 cups of Cole Slaw Mix
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with aluminum foil
2. Prepare Spicy Avocado Sauce by blending all sauce ingredients together in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Clean out food processor; add tortilla chips and pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
4. In a second shallow dish, mix salsa and egg together.
5. In a third shallow dish, place flour.
6. Place chicken into the flour to cover completely; then dip into salsa mixture and finally roll through the tortilla chip crumbs, patting gently to coat the whole breast.
7. In a large nonstick skillet, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, flipping once until golden, 3 minutes per side. 8. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet and bake until cooked through in the oven. This may take 10-15 minutes.
9. Place cabbage strips or cole slaw mix into a large bowl. Add about half of the sauce mixture to the cabbage and mix until cabbage is coated well.
10. Use the rest of this delicious sauce to dip your chicken into. Yum!