Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
If you have been craving something deliciously sweet to start your morning, then this is a special treat just for you. Impress your family and friends with this simple, yet gourmet recipe. The crunchy, sweet granola adds just the right crunch to balance out the chewiness of the sourdough bread. Feel free to add all your favorite tasty toppings like fresh fruit, maple syrup or even some homemade whipped cream, yum!
CRUNCHY SOURDOUGH FRENCH TOAST
1. Place 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over almost medium heat. Depending on your stove you want to toast the bread slowly, but not burn the granola to a crisp, so please adjust accordingly!
2. Place your whisked eggs in a bowl or shallow container large enough to fit a slice of bread.
3. Place your granola in a zip lock bag and crush into a thin crumble using your hands or a rolling pin. Then place your crushed granola into a bowl or shallow container large enough to fit a slice of bread.
4. Dip your sourdough bread into the whisked eggs making sure to cover the entire slice of bread. Next, dip your bread into the crushed granola mixture, making sure to cover as much of the bread as you can.
5. Place the coated bread onto your heated skillet and cook until bread and granola are lightly toasted. Then flip the bread and do the same on the other side. Remember to cook slowly so you don't burn your delicious crunchy granola!
6. Serve your tasty french toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a heavy drizzle of maple syrup and feel free to add your favorite fruit toppings.
Enjoy this amazing gourmet breakfast!
Always craving good food,