When I see a recipe that has 5 ingredients or less, I smile real big :)
This recipe is super simple and gets straight to the point...waffles! You can make this recipe with eggs or without eggs. It definitely comes in handy knowing how to make delicious breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles without eggs, because if you run out there is always a Plan B! So for this reason it's a good idea to keep ground flaxseed or flaxmeal in your pantry just in case you go eggless. Flaxseed is the main ingredient used to make a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed to 3 tbsp. water). Flaxseeds are a supreme source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, in other words, they are very good for you!
Another awesome thing about waffles is that the possibilities for toppings are eggless (endless) #badpun- haha. So whether you're eggless or not, grab your favorite waffle toppings and let's whip up a tasty breakfast!
EGGLESS PROTEIN WAFFLES
makes 3 Belgian waffles
1. Make flax eggs first. In a small bowl combine 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed or flaxmeal with 6 tbsp. water. Stir and let sit for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine all waffle ingredients. The batter will be thick and slightly sticky.
3. Heat and grease up (I use coconut oil) your waffle iron to prepare for waffle making!
4. Place 1 cup of waffle batter into waffle iron and let cook.
5. Set cooked waffles on a cooling rack and serve with your favorite toppings!
I like mine with butter and maple syrup, yum!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!