Eggs in a Basket, Eggs in a Hole or Hen in a Nest (haha- whatever you want to call it) is such a super fun breakfast to make, and the final presentation is pretty awesome too! I would have started making this a long time ago if I knew just how easy it was. The only tools needed are a shot glass, some fresh sourdough bread and lots of butter, baby!
EGGS IN A BASKET
1. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
2. Using a shot glass or small glass, gently place and push the rim of the shot glass into the center of each piece of bread. This will “cut” out a hole, where you will eventually place the egg inside.
3. Using ½ tbsp. of butter, spread this on one side of each slice of bread.
4. Next, place both slices of bread, the non-buttered side, facing down on the skillet for about 3 minutes to lightly toast. Then, carefully crack an egg inside the each hole of the bread.
5. After both eggs are well set and slightly cooked, about 3-4 minutes, flip both slices of bread over, careful not to break the yolk. You may also butter your bread holes and toast them in the skillet too!
6. Let the eggs cook for about 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve this playful breakfast with your favorite salad or sautéed greens.
Let's get dippin' in those egg baskets!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!