Here is a fun math equation that I think you should try at home.
Ground chicken + Hummus = Flavorful Protein-Packed Burgers
Don't think these two ingredients add up correctly? Well, you do the math and let me know if this equation makes sense to you.
Happy cooking mathematicians!
Greek Chicken Hummus Burgers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When oven is heated, place your red pepper in the oven on a baking tray to roast. Then, heat your grill or large pan to prepare for cooking the burgers.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken and other ingredients. The mixture will be wet and gooey! Form this mixture into either 12 small slider size patties or 8 regular size patties.
3. Cover and refrigerate patties for about 30 mins.(If you don't have time for this part, that's okay).
4. On a grill or large skillet, cook the patties on medium heat. About 4-5 mins on each side, or until cooked through. Toast your burger buns too!
5. While burgers are cooking, prepare your hummus sauce by mixing hummus, lemon juice, basil and ground pepper together.
6. Serve your delicious burgers on a toasted bun, with a large spoonful of hummus sauce. Add your roasted red pepper and cucumber slices for added flavor and crunch.
I hope you enjoyed doing the math with this recipe. Enjoy this filling protein-packed burger!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!