Chicken Chorizo Burger Recipe
Who doesn't love to eat a juicy and delicious burger? Well you can totally live a healthy lifestyle and eat burgers too. I think sometimes burgers get a bad and unhealthy reputation. But, they are actually a great source of protein and taste amazing with some clean condiments and clean side dishes.
Here are few healthy tips to think about when eating your next burger!
1. Make your own burgers at home.
2. Use whole grain rolls, breads or even lettuce wraps to eat with your burger.
3. Add grated onion when cooking your burger. It adds great flavor and juice.
4. Pair your burger with fresh vegetables like roasted butternut squash, or baked Parmesan green beans instead of fries.
5. Use clean condiments on your burger such as homemade guacamole, whole grain Dijon mustard, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, hummus or even pineapple!
6. Season your burger to give it some added flare with unsalted seasonings such as, garlic powder, onion powder, or even Italian seasoning.
7. Make your burgers slightly smaller (sliders), so you can still have enough room for your vegetables.
8. Take your time and eat your burger slowly. This way you can appreciate the ingredients and not get that over- stuffed feeling of eating way too much food.
10. Use good proteins such as lean beef, ground turkey or even ground chicken.
So instead of skipping the burger, just take the time to make sure your burger will make your taste buds feel good, as well as your body. We only have one body, so take good care of it!