Healthy isn't boring. If it is you're doing it wrong.
Are you ready to blow your taste buds out of the water? These tacos are blasting with fruity flavor. The best part about these tacos is that you can totally take advantage of some healthy shortcuts to make this meal in less time! By using sour cherry fruit preserves as the base for the Cherry lime sauce it literally takes only a few minutes to whip up. Also, by purchasing a bag of kale + cabbage slaw mix that's already chopped and prepared saves you some precious prepping time. You can absolutely make your own slaw from scratch by using fresh kale and cabbage, but just know there are healthy short cut alternatives to save you time and your sanity :).
ITALIAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE TACOS
with fresh kale slaw + cherry lime sauce
(serves 4 - 5)
1. In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp of ghee, butter, avocado oil or olive oil on medium heat.
2. Once heated add chopped onion and cook until slightly translucent.
3. Add ground sausage to the pan (remove meat from casings if it has them).
4. Break sausage into small chunks as it's cooking.
5. While sausage is cooking make the Cherry lime sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
6. Pour kale + cabbage slaw mix into a large bowl and add extra virgin olive oil all over. Use your hands to massage kale for about 1 minute or until leaves become tender and a dark green color. Working those greens with your hands renders them soft enough to eat without cooking.
7. Once meat has finished cooking and the onions are browned nicely you can start to assemble your delicious tacos!
8. To assemble tacos first place a handful of the kale + cabbage slaw mix on our warm tortilla, add your meat, some shredded cheese and top it off with a heavy drizzle of that zesty cherry lime sauce.
Enjoy the fun flavors of these healthy tacos!
Always craving good food,