Keep life simple, by starting with your breakfast.
Oh hey there all-in-one delicious breakfast meal! Isn't it nice to only use one pan when cooking? This simple and healthy breakfast is all cooked in one skillet for your convenience. Feel free to add more eggs and kale if you want to serve more than 5-6 people. This dish would make a great whole family breakfast meal, a meal prep breakfast bowl for the work week, or even to serve at a potluck to bring to a fun brunch date! The great thing about using Italian Sausage is that you don't have to add many spices to give it flavor, because the sausage already does the work for you. Cook smarter, not harder.
Let's get ready to dive into a hearty, flavorful and nutritious breakfast!
ITALIAN SAUSAGE + KALE BREAKFAST SKILLET
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat with 1 tbsp. of butter.
2. Once skillet is hot, use your fingers to add Italian sausage in chunks into the skillet. If sausage is in casing use scissors to cut meat out of casings.
3. Cook sausage, breaking it into smaller chunks with a spatula until meat is slightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
4. Once sausage is cooked, add in chopped kale and stir altogether. Stir and let wilt for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in all seasonings.
5. Add another tbsp. of butter to keep everything from sticking in the pan. Next, crack 4 eggs into the skillet and mix altogether with a spatula until eggs are spread throughout the mixture. Let these cook for about 5 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny.
6. Serve this all-in-one breakfast skillet by itself or with your favorite breakfast side dish, like my healthy MAPLE GLAZED DONUTS :).
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!