What does zucchini, pecans, raisins, and a lemon all have in common?
All of those random ingredients are in this deliciously crazy pasta dish!
This has to be one of the most random recipes I have developed yet, but I am in love with the flavors this pasta brings to my taste buds. The combination of sweet raisins, nutty pecans, and the citrus lemon juice, all marry comfortably with the rotini pasta. YUM!
This tasty recipe also brings you a friendly introduction to Nutritional Yeast Flakes, if you haven't met them before. Nutritional Yeast Flakes are a great source of protein and vitamin B-12. Just 1 serving (1 1/2 tbsp) of these flakes is 8 grams of protein! Nutritional yeast has a pleasantly "cheesy" flavor, and can be added to sauces, scrambles, crackers or sprinkle over pasta, vegetables, and/or baked potatoes. If you haven't tried them, at yeast give them a shot :)
Lemon Pasta with Zucchini and Pecans
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, put 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
3. Once pan is hot, add chopped onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
4. Next, add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Add seasonings and stir altogether.
5. Then, add raisins, pecans, cooked pasta, lemon juice, and 2 more tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Mix ingredients altogether and let simmer for 8 more minutes.
6. Serve pasta with a heavy sprinkle of nutritional yeast flakes for a great "cheesy" flavor!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!