so simple, so delish. let's put this recipe on repeat!
A typical pasta night can be transformed into something gloriously different than your average spaghetti and meatballs. I'm just a girl, trying to spread some health love to the beautiful pasta that is RAVIOLI.
I intentionally kept marinara and tomato sauce out of this recipe because I wanted a change to the typical pasta dishes that we cook. The combination of Italian sausage, kale and lemon juice is seriously out of this world. This flavor combination is so simple, yet so freakin' flavorful.
I hope you enjoy a new twist to your usual pasta night.
lemony Kale & sausage Ravioli
(feeds about 8 people)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the Italian sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until browned, 8-10 minutes.
3. Add the kale, and season with salt and pepper. Mix the kale and sausage together, and turn heat on low and cover. Let this cook for about 5 minutes. Once kale has wilted, squeeze in the juice of 1/2 of a lemon and stir gently.
4. Once water has boiled in your large pot, add in ravioli and cook according to package directions. Drain ravioli when finished.
5. Serve ravioli topped with a heavy spoonful of your sausage and lemony kale mixture, then top with shredded parmsean. Serve with a wedge of lemon for some added flavor to make your tastebuds go WOW!
always craving health & happiness,
looking for something specific? search here!