There is nothing better than eating a beautiful dish of bruschetta. The bright colors of the tomatoes and the fresh green strips of basil make this dish look like a piece of art.
My family can eat this as an appetizer, an entree or even as a side dish. This simple and delicious recipe is something you can prepare in less than 20 minutes. The sweet hint of maple syrup blends well with the tangy balsamic vinegar to make a fabulous juice-bath for the tomatoes. Pour this amazing tomato juice-bath on toasted garlic bread, and you have a healthy flavorful dish!
Maple Garlic Bruschetta
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl prepare the garlic oil mixture. Mix together 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Slice your whole grain baguette or ciabatta into about 1/2 inch thick slices. Spread these slices out on a large baking pan covered with aluminum foil (for easy clean up).
4. With a small cooking brush or spoon, cover each slice of bread with the garlic oil mixture, making sure there is multiple pieces of garlic on each slice of bread.
5. Bake this for about 8-10 minutes or until bread is crispy and lightly brown.
6. While bread is baking, prepare the tomato mixture. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, minced, basil, 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and the maple syrup. Gently mix together making sure to coat all of the tomatoes.
7. Once bread has finished baking and has cooled for about 2 minutes, place your bread on a large serving dish. With a large spoon, pour the tomato mixture on top of each slice of toasted bread. Make sure you get those delicious balsamic maple juices on the bread too. Enjoy!
Always craving good food,