My Top 5 Reasons to Meal Prep:
1. More Energy
2. Healthy Body Inside and Out
3. Positive Attitude
4. Better Sex
5. Save Money
1. More Energy- Eating clean whole foods every 2-3 hours, including three moderate-size meals plus two clean snacks, will help your body sustain blood sugar levels. Doing this will boost your energy levels and help you maintain that energy throughout the busy day. Also, drink lots of WATER!
2. Healthy Body Inside and Out- Meal prepping your lunches and snacks means you have FULL CONTROL over the ingredients and portions you consume. Choose whole clean foods to fuel your body, instead of purchasing processed foods sold at convenient stores and fast food restaurants. Your body will show you the amazing benefits of eating those whole foods by dropping unwanted pounds of extra fat, and making your organs feels superior!
3. Positive Attitude- Research has shown that the best motivation to inspire change comes from within, and is rooted in positive thinking. Change your diet to a healthy balanced one, and your attitude changes as well. Clean Eating and Positive Thinking go hand and hand!
4. Better Sex - A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found a correlation between high cholesterol and women who have difficulty with arousal (orgasms). When cholesterol builds up in the arteries, it makes it harder for blood to flow (in the pelvic area) that can lead to less sensation in the genitals, thus making it harder to achieve an orgasm. Also, clean eating makes your body look and feel healthier and sexier!
5. Save Money- Many people think eating whole foods is too expensive. Don't get fooled! Shopping and cooking healthy meals is way less expensive than eating out all of the time. Save money and avoid tons of extra calories by planning your meals ahead of time. Shop only for the ingredients you need to make meals that week, and stop grabbing those extra processed snacks and foods your body doesn't need. Your doctor and medicine bills will be less too, because you are keeping your body happy and healthy.
Try out this clean + simple lunch recipe to help you meal prep for your next work week.
This recipe only took me 45 minutes and some seconds to prepare my lunches for the work week (I actually timed myself, haha)! There are no excuses for not being prepared with nutritious whole foods for lunch . Your body will thank you for it down the road.
Seasoned Turkey + Sweet Potato Bowl
-Chopped Garlic Cloves (3)
-2 tbsp of Garam Masala
-1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
-Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
-Dash of Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix altogether until potatoes are lightly coated.
2. Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with ground pepper. Roast potatoes for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
3. While potatoes are roasting, place a large skillet on medium heat. Once skillet or pan is hot add your ground turkey or chicken.
4. Use a spatula to break your meat into tiny pieces. Once cooked, add your favorite seasonings and mix altogether.
5. Chop asparagus spears into bite size pieces. This makes it easier to eat it altogether at lunch with no knife required!
6. Get 5 plastic containers and place in each container the following:
Use a measuring cup...
- about 1 cup of meat
- 1/2 cup of asparagus or 5-6 spears chopped
- about 1 cup of sweet potatoes
Pack your favorite clean condiments to pair with this meal, such as salsa, hummus or even guacamole. Mix any of these condiments to your delicious clean and colorful lunch bowl and enjoy!
looking for something specific? search here!