I mean, we're all a little nuts aren't we?
This cookie recipe is super simple and super healthy! I've tried this recipe using both peanut butter and almond butter. The peanut butter made a flatter and crunchier cookie (see above picture), whereas the almond butter made a more plump and softer cookie (see picture below). Appearances aren't important, but both cookies were beautiful and very delicious! The pecans make an excellent cookie topper and add a nice crunch to really seal the deal, yummy!
Ready to mix, scoop and bake these healthy cookies in a hurry?
It's always a good time for a cookie :)
NUT BUTTER PECAN COOKIES
makes 7-9 large cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together with a spatula. The batter will be slightly stickier if using honey.
2. Place parchment paper on a large baking pan. Use an ice cream scooper or large spoon to place cookie batter on top of the parchment paper.
3. Gently place 2 pecans on each cookie and press down slightly so the cookie batter flattens.
4. Bake cookies for about 10-15 minutes, or until cookies start to brown.
5. Let the cookies cool for about 5-10 mins. so they can harden a bit more. Enjoy this healthy sweet treat with loved ones!
Always craving good food,