Leftover food always has a purpose!
This pizza crust was invented because of two reasons. Number one, I had leftover baked potatoes in my fridge. Second, I've been experimenting with simple grain-free pizza crust recipes, because not eating pizza once a week isn't really an option for me :). I have failed miserably at making my own large cauliflower pizza crusts in the oven, and personally it takes to long to prepare. So I have been having a lot of fun creating personal grain-free pizza crust recipes that take less than 10 minutes to make. If you haven't tried my Skillet Cauliflower Pizza Crust yet, then give it a go! It's a quick and simple way to get a healthy and delicious pizza on the dinner table.
The great thing about both grain-free pizza crusts is that all you need is a skillet, an egg, either leftover potatoes or cauliflower rice and some salt and pepper. Not too shabby, right?! I also love the fact that the crusts are personal, which means one person gets to create their own pizza masterpiece. This process helps both adults and kids take ownership over their eating habits. Score!
Let's heat up the skillet, get out some fun pizza toppings, and start creating our next healthy masterpiece!
PERSONAL POTATO PIZZA CRUST
Optional Pizza Toppings:
1. Heat ghee or butter in a medium sized skillet on medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, using a fork mix chopped potato, egg, salt and pepper altogether. Mash the potato slightly with the fork to help blend ingredients better.
3. Pour the potato batter in the heated skillet, making sure it is spread out evenly to the size pizza you would like.
4. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until egg has cooked well enough to gently flip. Flip the potato crust to cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.
5. Once crust has cooked, add your favorite toppings and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes on 400 degrees. Serve your pizza with some fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan.
Enjoy this delicious healthy pizza!
Always craving good food,