You can pretty much put cheese and pepperoni on top of anything and call it pizza.
Grab those potatoes and pizza toppings and let's get started with this extremely delicious pizza casserole recipe!
I wanted to eat this entire casserole all by myself (my excuse being that I'm breastfeeding), but somehow I managed to restrain myself so I could share it with my family (I'm kinda nice like that).
This casserole includes all of the important food groups to make a balanced meal such as vegetables (kale), carbs (potatoes), protein (pepperoni), and the most important food group, CHEESE!
A girl can dream right?! :)
Make this dish tonight, because there's no time like the present!
POTATO PIZZA CASSEROLE
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl using a masher or a fork, mash the boiled potatoes.
2. Once potatoes are mashed, add in the shredded cheese and all of the seasonings. Mix together well.
3. Place this seasoned potato mixture in the bottom of a large casserole dish making sure the mixture is flattened like a crust and spread out evenly.
4. Next, add chopped kale on top making sure to cover all of the potato mixture.
5. Then, add sliced tomatoes or marinara sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni or use your own favorite pizza toppings.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese looks hot and melted.
7. Serve with more shredded Parmesan cheese and dig in!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!