let's transform this head of cauliflower!
What do you do when you have a whole head of cauliflower in your refrigerator?
You break out in your happy dance, and get ready to do the mash! No, not the monster mash, the cauliflower mash, haha.
This is a delicious side dish that resembles mashed potatoes in flavor, but is nutritionally better for your body.
The combination of the roasted cauliflower and garlic, ricotta cheese and my favorite, the crispy prosciutto topping to give it that salty crunch, will blow your taste buds away! You and your loved ones will absolutely love this creamy recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Ricotta Mash!
roasted cauliflower ricotta mash with crispy proscuitto crumbles
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. On a large baking pan spread your cauliflower pieces out, as well as your your garlic cloves on to the pan. Bake/roast these for about 30-40 minutes, or until your cauliflower is tender. Meaning you can stick a fork in it pretty easily.
2. While your cauliflower is baking, get another smaller pan, grease it, and lay your prosciutto slices flat on here. You will put these in the oven too, but just for 10 minutes, or until crispy!
3. When prosciutto is finished cooking, put it to the side to cool.
4. After your cauliflower has finished cooking and has cooled for about 5 minutes, working in batches place the cauliflower in the food processor with the garlic (unwrap the outer layer), ricotta, extra virgin olive oil, and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix altogether until the cauliflower is blended smooth.
5. Place the smooth roasted cauliflower mash into a large serving bowl and with your hands break the prosciutto into pieces on top of the mash. Garnish with some fresh basil and you have a beautiful clean and simple side dish!
looking for something specific? search here!