Turmeric, part of the ginger family, is a beautiful yellow-orange spice imported from India. Turmeric not only makes are food look bright, but also are bodies. Bursting with antioxidants, turmeric can help reduce inflammation, as well as having many other healing properties. Click here to read more about how turmeric is beneficial to our bodies!
Let's do the "bright" thing for our bodies, and use more turmeric in our cooking. I hope you enjoy this deliciously creamy roasted cauliflower mash!
Roasted Cauliflower Turmeric Mash
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Gently toss cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking pan, spreading out florets evenly. Place whole garlic cloves on the pan as well. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until cauliflower is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
2. While cauliflower is roasting, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Next, add in the apple juice, vegetable broth, thyme, turmeric, and cayenne. Let this stock mixture heat up for about 6 more minutes.
4. Once cauliflower has finished roasting, place the stock mixture and roasted cauliflower and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Then transfer this smooth mash back into the pot. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve this creamy mash by itself or with your favorite protein.
Always craving good food,