What E.T. was really trying to say was, "Scone home."
Scones are my jam ya'll! I'm not sure why I sounded country just then, but "ya'll" just seemed like a perfect fit to that sentence. You know what else is a perfect fit? Scones + Coffee! Every time I visit a new local coffee shop I always check out their scone situation, because to me there's nothing better than a fresh cup of coffee paired with a homemade scone.
This blueberry scone recipe is grain-free and freakin' delicious! My mom is the queen of sweets, and after she tasted these bad boys she immediately asked to take three scones home with her. When your mom wants to take food home, then you know it's good!
If you're not a very good baker, like me, then this is the perfect recipe for you! If I can't screw up these tasty scones, then you will have tremendous success. Scone, sweet, scone!
simple blueberry scones
makes about 11-12 scones
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients together stirring them with a fork. Make sure to get all of the lumps out of the almond flour.
3. Next, add in your wet ingredients except the blueberries. Using a wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together. Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula at the end.
4. Lay a large sheet of parchment paper onto a large baking pan. Pour the scone mixture onto the pan in a pile.
5. Using a large piece of saran wrap, place this over the scone mixture and flatten with your hands until it is about 3/4 inch thick.
6. Bake scones for 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Do the toothpick test too. Stick a toothpick in the scone and it should come out clean.
7. Let scones cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
8. Using a knife make triangular or square shaped scones (about 11 - 12 scones).
*Put these in an air tight container and freeze if you can't eat them all. The defrost nicely in the toaster!
Serve these delicious scones to loved ones, and a cup of hot or iced coffee might be nice too :)
Always craving good food,
P.S. WANT MORE simple HEALTHY GOODIES?
>>> Get my FREE Simple Weekly Meal Planner here, plus all the easy recipes to make cooking dinner less stressful at home :)
looking for something specific? search here!