Pasta is basically edible art.
This is one of my favorite low maintence meals for Pasta La Vista night inside Simplify My Meals!
Simply roast a squash, cook the Italian sausage and add a container of organic creamy tomato soup. SHABAM!
Using a creamy tomato soup as a pasta sauce is LITERALLY the best thing ever. The soup is already seasoned and creamy as hell, which means it requires no extra work from the chef. (Raise the roof!)
So do me a favor friend ~ shake up your pasta night with this colorful work of food art, it's a healthy win for everyone.
p.s. buttered toast is the best way to clean your plate :)
Creamy Tomato Spaghetti Squash with Sausage
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and place open side down on the baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes. When it is done, set aside to cool.
2. While the spaghetti squash is baking, in a large skillet on medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and the Italian sausage, breaking apart as it is cooking.
3. Once meat is cooked, add in your Creamy Tomato Soup and stir. Add in fresh ground pepper and let sauce simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
4. When spaghetti squash has cooled enough to handle, scoop the squash "noodles" out with a fork and put into a large bowl. Discard the shells.
5. To serve, place spaghetti squash "noodles" on a plate, top with your creamy tomato sauce with sausage and a handful of arugula. Drizzle arugula with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and red pepper flakes.
Dig in & enjoy this tasty meal friend.
Pasta la vista baby!
** Wanna simplify dinner decisions at home? I got you boo! Get my FREE MEAL PLANNER here :)
looking for something specific? search here!