So long farmed salmon, and hello fresh wild-caught salmon!
Salmon is such a healthy and simple dinner choice for the busy week day. I usually foil bake salmon for a quick dinner, but this past week I decided to break out the ole skillet and get that fish real nice and crispy instead! Baking the salmon in a foil pouch makes it very moist and tender with lots of tasty juices from the lemon and olive oil to add flavor. Frying the salmon in a skillet gives the salmon a blackened crispy crunch on the outside, but it stays very tender on the inside. Since there are lack of juices in the skillet to accompany my salmon, I usually whisk up a quick sauce to pour all over my fish before serving.
This Simple Skillet Salmon only takes 10 minutes to make and can be served with your favorite veggies! Serve this crispy and tender fish with a lemony Simple Salmon Sauce made with only 4 ingredients. Real ingredients, simple to make, and ridiculously delicious!
Let's get cookin' good lookin'!
SIMPLE SKILLET SALMON
Simple Salmon Sauce
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat with coconut oil or other healthy fat.
2. Dry salmon fillets with a paper towel and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Once pan is hot, place salmon (skin side down) in the skillet, cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Flip salmon over, cover with a lid again and cook for 10 more minutes. The lid can slightly be cracked to let some steam out.
5. While salmon is cooking make your Simple Salmon Sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together, except capers. Add in the capers after the whisking.
6. Serve your delicious salmon with your favorite greens, half of a sweet potato and drizzle that delicious sauce all over your plate :). Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice and chopped basil for added flavor!
Always craving good food,