"For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius."
This Sourdough "Mac" + Cheese is a perfect example of when your actual cravings come to life. This recipe is my "Frankenstein", my most genius work yet. And did I mention it only takes 15 minutes to make?!
My recent post about JOY + FOOD (click here to read) really dove into the issue on how it's not as important as to what we're eating, but how we're eating. This mac + cheese is a perfect example of how we can still eat what we're craving (what brings our whole body joy), by just making a few changes on how we are eating it.
What I ate: Sourdough Mac + Cheese
How I ate it?
1. Did you cook this yourself?
2. Did you use as close to real, whole + fresh ingredients?
YES, except for the sourdough bread and bagged shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Did you sit down at a table while eating?
4. Were you relaxed while you’re eating? YES
5. Did you enjoy the flavors of your food?
6. Did you eat because you’re hungry? YES
This Sourdough "Mac" + Cheese is full of comfort food-like flavor and ooey-gooey cheesiness. Prepare to comfort your taste buds, as well as fuel your body with a balanced meal of protein, veggies, carbs and good fat. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating my "Frankenstein". It's alive!!
SOURDOUGH "MAC" + CHEESE
1. If having bacon, preheat oven to 400 degrees, and bake bacon strips on a large baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes, or until crispy.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of butter or ghee on medium heat.
3. Then, in a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients inside and mix together slowly with a rubber spatula. Make sure the egg yolks are broken and everything is wet.
4. Place the mixture into the hot large skillet. Spread out the mixture so it's evenly cooking on the pan.
5. Cook mixture for about 5-7 minutes, or until it's slightly brown. Flip the mixture over in sections to brown the other side for another 5-7 minutes. You'll know it's done once the eggs are cooked through, and your cheese has melted well.
6. To serve, place mixture into a medium size bowl, and sprinkle with more cheese if desired. Serve your bacon on the side or crumble it on top. Enjoy this deliciously cheesy bowl!
Always craving good food,