It wouldn't be summer without farm fresh zucchini! Zucchini has a high water content, about 95%, and is rich in fiber. This beautiful green ingredient will help keep you feeling healthy and feeling full!
Usually when we hear the word "chili' with imagine cool fall or winter nights with lots of beans, beef and cheese. However, this Zucchini and Bean Chili is designed specifically for summer days and nights. This brilliantly colorful chili is perfect as a meal or even as a side dish. Let's get slicing and dicing, so you can enjoy a bowl of this flavorful summer chili!
Summer Zucchini and Bean Chili
1. Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion for about 2 minutes, or until onion is slightly translucent.
2. Then, add zucchini and garlic. Stirring frequently, cook zucchini until it is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Next, add chili powder, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Finally, add tomatoes with juice, beans, espresso, and corn and bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve chili with fresh oregano and cheese crumbles. This dish tastes delicious served hot, warm and/or cold!
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!