Isn't everything better when the word "taco" is involved?!?!
My husband and I absolutely LOVE these Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. These are deliciously healthy and filling. The taco stuffing is a tasty combination of grass fed beef, sweet potatoes, taco spices and red onion. After they come out of the oven, feel free to add your favorite toppings, like plain greek yogurt, salsa and even avocado!
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
makes 6 stuffed sweet potato boats
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Place sweet potatoes on the oven rack, and bake for 1 hour or until sweet potatoes are tender. Bake these before hand, or microwave for quicker prep time!
2. Melt bacon grease, butter, or ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the beef, and break it into clumps as it's cooking.
3. Once the beef is no longer pink, and most of the water has evaporated, season with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir altogether to coat every piece of beef with the seasonings.
4. Once sweet potatoes are done cooking (leave your oven on), let cool for about 5 minutes. Slice them in half, long ways, and spoon out the sweet potato meat into a large mixing bowl. Put only the meat from 2 sweet potatoes in the bowl. Put the meat from the other sweet potato in a storage container to save for another meal. Using a fork, mash the sweet potatoes.
4. Then add the beef, red oinion, and lime juice into the mixing bowl. Stir altogether.
5. Using a large spoon, spoon the mixture back into your 6 sweet potato skins. Load them up as much as you can, without breaking the sweet potato skin.
6. Place your stuffed sweet potatoes on a large baking tray. Bake in the oven to get slightly crispy, for about 15 minutes.
7. Serve these taco stuffed sweet potatoes with finely chopped cilantro or kale for a beautiful presentation. Top with plain Greek yogurt and your favorite salsa for an amazing meal!
Always craving good food,