The 5 Day BRINNER Challenge starts tomorrow loves! What better way to fuel your body with whole delicious foods, than cooking breakfast for dinner 5 days in a row! Here are some recipe ideas for you to try this week.
Don't forget to snap a photo and post your brinner creations on Instagram or Facebook and tag #brinnerchallenge and firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hummus Rice Salad with Eggs
1. In a medium size bowl, mix whole grain rice with broccoli and garlic.
2. Add hummus, lemon juice, and EVOO. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and ground pepper. Mix altogether.
3. Serve with eggs cooked your favorite way! This is a great salad for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
Soft Scramble Eggs + Roasted Brussels + Avocado Sriracha Toast
1. Chop your brussel sprouts in half, put on a large baking pan with a heavy drizzle of EVOO, and season with S & P. Place tray in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes or until bright green.
2. While brussels are cooking, whisk together 4 eggs and 2 tsp of milk together.
3. Pour eggs into a small skillet on low- medium heat.
4. As your eggs are cooking slowly, use a rubber spatula to gently fold the eggs over and over until they are almost cooked. Add fresh oregano for a healthy addition and flavor.
5. Take the eggs out of the skillet while they are still soft and almost fully cooked.
6. Slice some avocado on your favorite whole grain toast and top with spots of Sriracha sauce if you like it hot!
Vegan Maple Chia Seed Pancakes
Makes about 6-8 medium size pancakes
Serve with a side salad or some sauteed greens!
Banana Oat Waffles
makes 4-5 waffles
1. Put all ingredients into a large food processor. Blend until it makes a smooth batter.
2. Let this batter sit for about 5 minutes. The oats take a little time to soak up liquid, so as to thicken up the batter.
3. Pour batter into your waffle maker, covering 3/4 of the waffle iron. Cook until your crispiness liking.
4. Top your waffle with fresh banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup! Or maybe even some peanut or almond butter?!?! YUMMM.
Serve with a side salad and/or chicken sausage!
Eggs Benedict with a Cool Avocado Hollandaise Spread
1. Poach 4 eggs to your liking.
2. As eggs are poaching, mix together well: 1 ripe avocado, Greek yogurt and lemon juice. Add some fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper if want a little kick.
3. Spread this cool avocado mixture on your favorite whole grain toast.
4. Then place your poached eggs on top of this hollandaise spread.
5. Serve this delicious meal with some sauteed greens, like kale or spinach!
I hope these recipe ideas help you with cooking this week. Remember to follow the 5 Rules (see previous blog post) if you are using your own brinner recipes.
Always craving good food,
looking for something specific? search here!