GETTIN' FIGGY WITH IT.
We eat pizza once a week in this house so I gotta keep the pizza toppings super fun and exciting!
The Ham & Jam Pizza creation was inspired by one of my favorite pizzas I used to get all the time at a local brick oven pizza place. I love the simplicity of taking a usual pizza topping like ham and pairing it with an unusual pizza topping such as fig jam.
Ya'll know I'm a KALE FANATIC, so I had to sneak the greens into this recipe. Adding kale is the EASIEST WAY to health up any pizza because the kale gets crispy and tastes fantastic!
Get ready to make the pizza of your dreams. Enjoy friends!
THE HAM & JAM PIZZA
1. In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat and fry ham slices until browned on both sides (about 3-4 mins).
2. While ham is frying, preheat oven to 400 degrees and chop kale into small pieces.
3. Take pizza crust and spread about 1-2 tbsp. of fig jam all over (just a thin layer).
4. Cut fried ham slices into bite size pieces and place all over the pizza crust.
5. Next, place chopped kale all over your crust.
6. Then, add either sliced gruyere cheese or goat cheese all on top of your chopped kale.
7. Bake pizza for 10 -12 minutes.
8. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some added heat.
Eat it all by yourself, or cut into bite size pieces for a fabulous appetizer.
Cheers to a new way of jazzing up pizza nights at home!
always craving health & happiness,
looking for something specific? search here!