We all need to make time for a burger once in a while.
My definition of "once in a while" is twice a week!
The simple trick to making a good burger at home is using good protein, spices, grated onion and some kind of healthy fat. That's the winning combination for making these TURKEY + PROSCIUTTO BURGERS so juicy and flavorful. The organic ground turkey is paired with garlic and basil for flavor, grated onion for moistness, and salty, crispy and fatty prosciutto for the perfect balanced burger. I always make burgers using 2 lbs of meat, so leftovers are available for easy lunches or even breakfast! Cook once, eat twice right?!? Alrighty...it's burger o'clock!
TURKEY + PROSCIUTTO BURGERS
makes about 8 patties
1. In a large bowl mix meat, grated onion, and spices together with your hands. Form meat mixture into 8 medium sized patties.
2. Grill or cook burgers in a pan for about 7 minutes on one side and flip to finish cooking (total time about 11-15 minutes).
3. While the burgers are cooking, heat a large pan on medium heat. Fry prosciutto pieces on both sides (about 10 mins. total) until crispy and set aside.
4. Once burgers are almost cooked, place sliced Gruyere cheese on top of burgers so the cheese begins to melt.
5. Serve these juicy turkey burgers on top of some crispy prosciutto pieces, some garlic mayo, a handful of baked sweet potato fries and a side salad. Simple + delicious!
Always craving good food,